Diary Entry Sunday 25/7/15
I did not wake till 8.30. I expected to be out at sea but when I went up on deck she (the ship) was still in dock. At 11am we began to move. Out band played several tunes encluding the girl I left behind ?? and Auld Lang Syne. The were no civilians to see us off only a few ???. ??? gave us a cheer. We had two Torpedo destroyers as an escort, one being the "Louis". At 11.30 100 men, myself being one, were issued out with 50 rounds of ammunition. We were placed all around the ship. We were the submarine guard. Not very far out we passed the Eddystone Lighthouse. Soon we lost sight of land and then I began to feel a bit funny. About 5 oclock a ship was sighted, it had no flag flying. One of our escorts soon went after it and after going around her 3 times she came back. After this it went and I had my tea. By the way so far we have had plenty of food and it has been realy good stuff. It was after tea I felt the sea sickness most and about ??? I fed the fishes. Being on guard what sleep I did get was on deck and the wind wouldn't let us sleep in comfort.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home