My Photo
Name:
Location: Wolverton, United Kingdom

Saturday, 7 August 1915

We had busy day today. Every man was issued out with 1lb of hard biscuits + 1 tin (12 ozs) of bonned beef tea and sugar, rashers of bacon. These are emergency rations. Each man also had a new blanket + 200 rounds of amunition. We also had to pack up a bundle of wood + put this with pack. I reakon they take us for pack ponies. We had our first pay day since we left England. I recieve a 10 note + had a devil of a job to change it. I had to spend 4 before I could change it. I neally forgot. Edga + I did our first day washing. We got on fairly well. we hung them on the side of the ship. I had fastened up a few things + was hanging up Edga's shirts when I turned around + found my kahki shirt had gone for a swim. So some my money went for a new shirt. We stopped at an Island I think is 'Lemnos' rather late. Think this is our destination for a time. We got here about 9pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home